blog background

1.2.11

New Pillow and SNOW DAY!!!

Yesterday when I got home I opened my mailbox to find.....new Pottery Barn catalogs. I don't know about you but something about sitting down with a cup of coffee and flipping through a decorating catalog makes me very happy! It might be sad or pitiful but I find true relaxation in it. Anyway, I was flipping through and was inspired by these...
Found Vintage Grainsack, Blue

However, they were out of my price range :( sooooo I decided to try one on my own. All I did was stitch two long pieces of burlap together, make 4 ties for the end with the same fabric, and paint red stripes down the middle. Here is the finished product....


What do you think? I think it is pretty close to the PB pillow except for the price. I had all of the materials for mine but the break down is as follows:
1. 1 yard of burlap=$4.99
2. 1 bottle of red fabric paint=.85
3. Polyfill stuffing=$5.00
Total=$10.84 as compared to PB=$99.00

On another note, today is a snow day! It is below 19 degrees and very icy.


Snow Day Checklist
1. Hot cider and cinnamon rolls.........check
2. Play with the Dogs in the snow......check
Classic Leilah-loving every minute of it!
Classic Buddy- Scared of the world
Leilah and Grant

3. Watch "Steel Magnolias"....check
1282151875-steel_magnolias.jpg
Have a Cozy Day!!!!
                                    


1 comment: