blog background

18.12.11

Well Paint My Door Red and Call me Elizabeth Arden!

I hope everyone understood that quote from "Steel Magnolias" 
(which by the way is my all time favorite movie).

Anyway.....that's just what I did last week. Since we moved into the house 2 years ago I have been itching to paint our door red. I know everyone has a red door these days but they are just so darn cheery. The door to our first rental home was painted red so I had to do it on our home....it just looks more inviting.

Here are the pics......


After:
 I removed the kick plate and spray painted it.

 This "letters" door knocker was nailed higher on our black door. We purchased it from Savannah, GA two years ago during our summer vacation.

Doesn't it look happy?!

8 comments:

  1. Love the red door! I long for a black door though, mine is fake wood. Weird, I know. Many things here in So Cal are fake though. Loving the whole exterior of your house. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s important to have a door that looks inviting. This is because doors are the focal point of a house. Having a door painted with an attractive color is a plus. By the way, I admire how your door looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive job! Painting that door red really is a tough job. What type of spraypaint did you use? Really, painting that black door must’ve cost you a lot. By experience, it needs one more than several coats for the new color to appear properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive job! Painting that door red really is a tough job. What type of spraypaint did you use? Really, painting that black door must’ve cost you a lot. By experience, it needs one more than several coats for the new color to appear properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, painting the door did take up a bit of time but I'm glad I took the time to do it right. Leif, the spray paint for the kick plate was Rust-oleum oil rubbed bronze. Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shade of red! What brand and name is it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Ga, 00 years ago,, painting your door red meant your mortgage was paid off.

    ReplyDelete