blog background

30.5.11

We Will Miss You Zetta Smith

Our dear friend and mentor is retiring. We are incredibly sad but thrilled that she is moving on to a new chapter in her life. This past Saturday, we had a retirement party for her with a few close friends. It was a great party, I hope she enjoyed it as much as we did. 

Here is a picture of our Kindergarten group, oh how we will miss this.
From the left: Angela, Lisa, Zetta, Monica, and Me

Here are the details from the party:



We used this as a message tree, the frame reads "Please leave Zetta best wishes on her retirement"
Flag pennant, you know how I love these

Flower pom garland, I actually left this up because I love it so much

 The Food:
Chilled soup shooters with a corn popover muffin on top

Baked Brie with apple slices

Veggies!

More veggies, I wish I would have taken a picture of the inside of the potato, it was bright purple!

High Hat cupcakes and strawberries for dessert. Lisa made all the food, she needs to open a restaurant.

I didn't get a close-up of the banner on the window but it was pictures that her past students drew for her, then Angela made it into a banner. My favorite read "Mrs. Smith, you was the best teacher, I ever had!"

Jennifer and her precious baby Ellie




Friends from Zetta's previous school

Life Skills Teachers

First Grade Friends 

Angela with Jen's baby, Ellie

Zetta's Sister and Mom

Cathy, Zetta, and Jennifer (music teacher)

Dennison Friends, Jody, Zetta, and Linda. Linda's Daughter-in-law has a very cute blog with probably the two cutest kids I have ever seen.
Group shot, minus a few that had already left

Gifts:



See, doesn't she look sooooo fun.  That is an adult diaper on her head, just a little retirement joke.

We love you and will miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment